Many of you were interested in the Mountain Bike Bootcamp… but a few of you already attend a weekly spin class or work with a personal trainer. So…
We are now offering a BIKE ONLY version of the bootcamp, solely focused on Mountain Bike SKILLS DEVELOPMENT!
Own the trail in 2017 with this 6-session mountain bike skills clinic for beginner and intermediate level riders, starting Saturday January 21st.
This 6-session mountain bike skills clinic will be coached by Adam Walker, former Canada Cup XC Champion and Professional Mountain Bike Instructor.
Registration for Saturday Skills Sessions is now closed.
Please check out our coaching calendar for upcoming kids’ and adult programs.
Sessions will cover mountain bike skills and maneuvers including:
- Body position and balance
- Braking technique and control
- Gear selection
- Cornering – Berms, flat, and off-camber corners
- Terrain awareness, line selection
- Roll downs, front wheel lifts, small drop offs, bunny hops
- Pump track – learning to FLOW
- Singletrack trail riding – navigating twisty trails with roots and rocks
- Race prep for the upcoming Canada Cup XC Race at Bear Mountain (optional)
Other Program Details
- 6 Weeks, 6 sessions, 18 hours of coaching/training, open to both men and women
- 30 minute coaching consult with Adam Walker, Former National Cycling Champion and Professional Mountain Bike Instructor
- Race prep leading into Canada Cup XC Race on March 4 at Bear Mountain (optional)
- $10 off your first Athletic Therapy session with Ali Boudewyn at Meraki Wellness Solutions (Regular price $55/hour)
- 15% off Equipment and $25 off a Performance Tune Up for your bike at Oak Bay Bikes Westshore
- 20% off your first private lesson of continued skills development and performance coaching with The Cycling Co.
- 50% off bike rental available through The Hub bike shop for the Saturday sessions
- 50% off entrance fee for the Bear Mountain Canada Cup XC Race for all bootcamp participants.
January 21 – February 25
Saturdays at 12pm (2 to 3 hours/session)