Professional Mountain Bike Coach and former Canada Cup XC mountain bike champion, Adam Walker, and Athletic Therapist and Exercise Physiologist, Ali Boudewyn, will lead you through two months of preparation for your mountain bike season.
Whether your goals are to be fastest to the finish line when the race season starts, first to the top of the hill when riding with friends, or you just want to get fitter, stronger, and more confident on your bike than ever before, then this program is for you.
Our proven formula WILL yield results! You WILL become more mobile, more powerful, and ultimately faster. You WILL climb with more skill and fitness and descend with strength and confidence like never before. You WILL learn how to evolve from “passenger” to “driver” on your bike. You WILL learn to understand the physics behind what is really going on while you are riding and become able to use those forces to your advantage.
What’s Included in Mountain Bike Bootcamp?
Group gym training sessions, led by Ali Boudewyn, Athletic Therapist, Exercise Physiologist, and Mountain Biker
Spin classes and outdoor riding / cross training sessions, led by Adam Walker, former Canada Cup XC Series Champion, PMBI and NCCP Certified MTB Coach.
Discounts from our partner – Oak Bay Bikes Westshore
Mountain Bike Bootcamp will get under way on January 8 and run on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays until March 3, wrapping up just in time for the start of the Vancouver Island race season.
This Bootcamp is designed for adult riders who want to develop both their skills and fitness to become REALLY FIT and REALLY FAST on their bike!
Mountain Bike Bootcamp Details
- 8 Weeks, 24 sessions, 40 hours of coaching/training, open to both men and women (works out to <$20/coaching hour)
- Group strength & mobility sessions (Mondays 6:15-7:45pm)
- Spin classes (Wednesdays 6:15-7:15pm)
- Outdoor mountain bike skills training and rides (Saturdays 9-11:30am – novice group, 12-2:30pm – experienced group)
- 30-minute biomechanical assessment with Ali Boudewyn, Athletic Therapist and Exercise Physiologist
- 30-minute coaching consult with Adam Walker, Certified Professional Mountain Bike Instructor
- Bike setup and mechanic skills workshop
- 15% off Equipment and $25 off a Performance Tune Up for your bike at Oak Bay Bikes Westshore
- 20% off your first private lesson of continued skills development and performance coaching with The Cycling Co.
- 50% off Norco bike rental available through The North Langford Recreation Center for the Saturday sessions (total cost $100 for all 8 sessions).
$799 per person.
Flexible payment plan options available, email [email protected] for details.
“After 8 weeks of the “Killer B” Bootcamp I feel fantastic! I have increased mobility and feel so much stronger. Both Adam and Ali have amazing energy and made the workouts fun and interactive. I loved the creativity used by the coaches to keep the exercises bike specific. The increased power and agility that I feel has given me more control over my bike. In June, I took one of the Cycling Co’s mountain bike clinics which was amazing. I can’t wait to combine my new found fitness with the skills I learned in the clinic. Thanks for helping me in my journey. Looking forward to coming into 2018 strong.”
PMBI (Professional Mountain Bike Instructor) Certified Instructor
NCCP (National Coaching Certification Program) Trained Cycling Coach
Cycling BC iRide – Victoria Head Coach
1998 Canada Cup XC Mountain Bike Champion
1993 National Champion 100km Team Time Trial Champion
8 time Alberta & BC Provincial Champion in Road, Criterium, Time Trial, XC MTB
Certified Athletic Therapist (CAT)
Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology – Certified Exercise Physiologist (CSEP-CEP)
Bachelor of Athletic and Exercise Therapy (BAET)
Certified First Responder
And proudly supported by Oak Bay Bikes Westshore and Norco Bicycles.