Professional Mountain Bike Coach and former Canada Cup XC mountain bike champion, Adam Walker, and Athletic Therapist and Exercise Physiologist, Ali Boudewyn, will lead you through the fall season to keep you fit for the 2019 mountain bike season.
Our proven formula WILL yield results! You WILL become more mobile, more powerful, and ultimately more fit to be faster on your bike.
What’s Included in Mountain Bike Bootcamp?
Tuesday Strength & Mobility:
Group strength & mobility training sessions, led by Ali Boudewyn, Athletic Therapist, Exercise Physiologist, and Mountain Biker.
Get strong and limber via a combo of:
- Innovative balance and stability exercises
- You can’t balance on one leg but want to expertly ride on two wheels? We will use all sorts of unstable devices to exercise with.
- Upper body strength development (the neglected step-child).
- Leg power
- Short bursts of energy to get you over that slippery root on an uphill. Take that, tree tentacle!
- Core strength
- No core while trying to use your legs is like shooting a cannon out of a canoe, need I say more?
- Joint mobility
- Foam rolling
- Stretching of all kinds
Spin classes led by Adam Walker, former Canada Cup XC Series Champion, PMBI and NCCP Certified MTB Coach.
- A progression each week building physiological adaptation, strength and principles on the bike. All the elements you will work on with us indoors will have practical applications on both the road and on the trails.
Mountain Bike Bootcamp Details
- 8 Weeks, 16 sessions, 20 hours of coaching/training, open to both men and women
- Group strength & mobility sessions (Tuesdays 6:15-7:45pm)
- Spin classes (Thursdays 6:15-7:15pm)
- $15 off your first appointment (new patients only) with Ali Boudewyn, Athletic Therapist and Exercise Physiologist at Meraki Wellness Solutions.
- 15% off Equipment and $25 off a Performance Tune Up for your bike at Oak Bay Bikes Westshore
- 20% off your first private lesson of skills development and performance coaching on the bike with The Cycling Co.
- Pair this program with a mountain bike skills clinic from October 23/18 to December 13/18 and get 15% off the skills clinic.
Mountain Bike Bootcamp will get under way on October 23 and will run on Tuesdays and Thursdays until December 13, start time is 6:15pm.
All sessions will be held at the North Langford Recreation Center at Bear Mountain Resort.
Please meet in the lobby for your first session at 6pm to fill out a bit of paperwork.
$359 early bird price if you register by midnight October 14/2018!
$399 per person.
Flexible payment plan options available, email [email protected] for details.
“After 8 weeks of the MTB Bootcamp I feel fantastic! I have increased mobility and feel so much stronger. Both Adam and Ali have amazing energy and made the workouts fun and interactive. I loved the creativity used by the coaches to keep the exercises bike specific. The increased power and agility that I feel has given me more control over my bike. In June, I took one of the Cycling Co’s mountain bike clinics which was amazing. I can’t wait to combine my new found fitness with the skills I learned in the clinic. Thanks for helping me in my journey.”
PMBI (Professional Mountain Bike Instructor) Certified Instructor
NCCP (National Coaching Certification Program) Trained Cycling Coach
Cycling BC iRide – Victoria Head Coach
BC Provincial Mountain Bike Team Coach
1998 Canada Cup XC Mountain Bike Champion
1993 National Champion 100km Team Time Trial Champion
8 time Alberta & BC Provincial Champion in Road, Criterium, Time Trial, XC MTB
Certified Canadian Athletic Therapist (CAT(C))
Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology – Certified Exercise Physiologist (CSEP-CEP)
Bachelor of Athletic and Exercise Therapy (BAET)
Certified First Responder
And proudly supported by Oak Bay Bikes Westshore, Norco Bicycles, and Meraki Wellness Solutions.