THIS PROGRAM ADHERES TO BC COVID 19 GUIDELINES.
If your child has been through our Dirt Squirts program or Little Rippers camps and they are ready for the next level, then this is the program for them!
Our experienced coaches will them to take their riding skills to new heights through the SIX WEEK Dirt Rippers mountain bike skill development program.
Age group: Kids aged 9+, IN SMALL GROUPS OF 8 RIDERS
****To participate in this program, riders MUST be able to perform these prerequisite skills:
Front wheel lift, small wheelie, stop using front brake, climb a hill using efficient gears
Skills we will cover in this program include:
- Body position: Neutral and Attack Positions – mobility on the bike
- Operation of Controls
- Braking – Independent use of front and rear brakes
- Shifting – Gear selection and how to choose the proper gear for riding conditions
- Terrain Awareness – Choosing more challenging lines on trails with varying terrain
- Skills and maneuvers
- Cornering – Low, medium and high speed turns, bermed corners
- Climbing and descending at speed
- Mastering skinny logs and bridges
- Front and rear wheel lifts
- Bunny hops
- Roll downs, drops and jumps
May-June Session May 19-June June 23 (6 weeks)
4:30pm – 6:30 pm, Bear Mountain
- 6 Wednesdays: $299
- Please meet at the Mountain Market at Bear Mountain Resort at 4:15pm
For complete information and FAQ about Kids Mountain Bike Camps and Programs CLICK HERE.
Please contact us if you have any questions about this or any other Kids Mountain Bike Programs.