THIS PROGRAM ADHERES TO CURRENT BC COVID 19 GUIDELINES.
Wanted! Experienced young mountain bikers! Need to release some pent up energy from school? Looking to encourage more safety at bike parks and on the trails? Our six week program at Jordie Lunn Bike Park will take your rider’s confidence, skills and stoke to a whole to level with our highly trained coaches.
Age group: Riders aged 8-14, IN SMALL GROUPS OF UP TO 6 RIDERS
ALL ABILITY LEVELS ARE WELCOME AND RIDERS WILL BE GROUPED ACCORDINGLY
Skills we will cover in this program include:
- Body position: Neutral and Attack Positions
- Operation of Controls
- Braking – Independent use of front and rear brakes
- Shifting – Gear selection and how to choose the proper gear for riding conditions
- Terrain Awareness – Safely choosing different lines through trails with varying terrain
- Skills and maneuvers
- Cornering – Low, medium and high speed turns, bermed corners
- Climbing and safely descending hills
- Riding skinny logs and bridges
- Front and rear wheel lifts
- Bunny hops
- Roll downs and small drops and jumps
Fall Session – 6 Mondays – September 13-October 25 (we will skip Thanksgiving Monday, Oct 11)
4:30pm – 6:30 pm, JORDIE LUNN BIKE PARK
- Six Mondays: $299
- Please meet at the JORDIE LUNN BIKE PARK at 4:15pm
Please contact us if you have any questions about this or any other Youth Mountain Bike Programs.