THIS PROGRAM ADHERES TO CURRENT BC COVID 19 GUIDELINES.
Attention young ladies with mountain biking experience! We are excited to introduce Gritty Girls, a program run BY girls, FOR girls. Have someone eager to get their shred on? This brand new program led by an all-female coaching staff will take their riding confidence, skills and stoke to all new heights through a six week mountain biking program at Jordie Lunn Bike Park.
Age group: Riders aged 8-14, IN SMALL GROUPS OF UP TO 6 RIDERS
ALL ABILITY LEVELS ARE WELCOME AND RIDERS WILL BE GROUPED ACCORDINGLY
Skills we will cover in this program include:
- Body position: Neutral and Attack Positions
- Operation of Controls
- Braking – Independent use of front and rear brakes
- Shifting – Gear selection and how to choose the proper gear for riding conditions
- Terrain Awareness – Safely choosing different lines through trails with varying terrain
- Skills and maneuvers
- Cornering – Low, medium and high speed turns, bermed corners
- Climbing and safely descending hills
- Riding skinny logs and bridges
- Front and rear wheel lifts
- Bunny hops
- Roll downs and small drops and jumps
Fall Session – 6 Mondays – September 13-October 25 (we will skip Thanksgiving Monday, Oct 11)
4:30pm – 6:30 pm, JORDIE LUNN BIKE PARK
- Six Mondays: $299
- Please meet at the JORDIE LUNN BIKE PARK at 4:15pm
Please contact us if you have any questions about this or any other Youth Mountain Bike Programs.