The Cycling Co.’s Mountain Bike Bootcamp will help you build mountain bike specific strength and fitness through the winter and into the 2020 mountain bike season. This thoughtfully crafted program, led by Ali Boudewyn, Certified Athletic Therapist and Clinical Exercise Physiologist, has proven to build real results.
Join this 5th edition of Mountain Bike Bootcamp and engage and improve with an energetic group of like-minded mountain bikers!
This year’s bootcamp will be held twice a week, combining strength and mobility into a fluid and progressive program. This program WILL make you stronger and more mobile (check out the testimonials!)
What’s Included in Mountain Bike Bootcamp?
- 2 one-hour gym sessions per week for 8 weeks (16, 1 hour sessions)
- 30 minute pre and post bootcamp functional assessment and consult at Meraki Wellness Solutions with Ali Boudewyn.
- 15% off Equipment and $25 off a Performance Tune Up for your bike at Westshore Bikes
- Pair this program with any of The Cycling Co.’s mountain bike skills clinics between January 6/20 – Feb 29/20 and get 15% off the skills clinic.
Building Better Biker Bodies Via:
- You will learn how to activate muscles you didn’t even know you had!
- Build a strong core and stabilizing muscle system for more efficient, powerful and pain-free riding.
- Top notch instruction on strength and conditioning will leave you feeling confident in the gym AND on your bike.
- You will be guided through multiple techniques including foam rolling, dynamic and static stretching, restorative yoga and muscle PNF/inhibition & activation protocols to gain flexibility fast.
January 7, 2020 – February 27, 2020
Tuesday and Thursday evenings 7pm-8pm,
The Crossfit and Yoga Studios at North Langford Recreation Center at Bear Mountain Resort.
$449 per person, $399 early bird registration on Cyber Monday, December 2nd, 2020
“After 8 weeks of the MTB Bootcamp I feel fantastic! I have increased mobility and feel so much stronger. Both Adam and Ali have amazing energy and made the workouts fun and interactive. I loved the creativity used by the coaches to keep the exercises bike specific. The increased power and agility that I feel has given me more control over my bike. In June, I took one of the Cycling Co’s mountain bike clinics which was amazing. I can’t wait to combine my new found fitness with the skills I learned in the clinic. Thanks for helping me in my journey.”
– Christine Jensen
PMBI (Professional Mountain Bike Instructor) Certified Instructor
NCCP (National Coaching Certification Program) Trained Cycling Coach
Cycling BC iRide – Victoria Head Coach
BC Provincial Mountain Bike Team Coach
1998 Canada Cup XC Mountain Bike Champion
1993 National Champion 100km Team Time Trial Champion
8 time Alberta & BC Provincial Champion in Road, Criterium, Time Trial, XC MTB
Certified Canadian Athletic Therapist (CAT(C))
Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology – Certified Exercise Physiologist (CSEP-CEP)
Bachelor of Athletic and Exercise Therapy (BAET)
Certified First Responder
And proudly supported by Oak Bay Bikes Westshore, Norco Bicycles, and Meraki Wellness Solutions.