Workshop 1: Mobility for Mountain Bikers
- Mobility is more than flexibility. It’s the quality of movement resulting from the flexibility of muscles, the quality of fascia, the sliding of nerves and the available range of motion of the joint.
- The mobility I have selected for this class is specific to my common therapeutic findings in the riders that I treat and train (i.e low back soreness and hip flexor tightness, rounded shoulders and upper back etc.)
- We will cover/include:
- Mobility self-assessment
- Various mobility enhancing techniques including but not limited to:
- Dynamic movements
- Static holds
- PNF stretching
- Foam rolling
- Yin yoga
- Nerve/Fascial Flossing
- Mobility re-assessment at end
- You will leave with a structured mountain bike specific warm up, cool down, and home mobility routine all in a PDF – a valuable tool for any athlete!
- Education on topics such as how long to hold a stretch, when mobility styles are better than others, injury prevention and more.
- Please arrive 10min early to get all your chatting with friends out. We are on a schedule! 🙂
- Wear non-restrictive fitness clothing (layered is best). Bring a beach towel and an open mind.
- Caution: you may leave this workshop feeling like you have an entirely new body!
Sat Feb 22, 2-4PM
Yoga Studio at North Langford Recreation Center at Bear Mountain Resort.
“After 8 weeks of the MTB Bootcamp I feel fantastic! I have increased mobility and feel so much stronger. Both Adam and Ali have amazing energy and made the workouts fun and interactive. I loved the creativity used by the coaches to keep the exercises bike specific. The increased power and agility that I feel has given me more control over my bike. In June, I took one of the Cycling Co’s mountain bike clinics which was amazing. I can’t wait to combine my new found fitness with the skills I learned in the clinic. Thanks for helping me in my journey.”
– Christine Jensen
PMBI (Professional Mountain Bike Instructor) Certified Instructor
NCCP (National Coaching Certification Program) Competition Development Trained Cycling Coach
Cycling BC iRide – Victoria Head Coach
BC Provincial Mountain Bike Team Coach
1998 Canada Cup XC Mountain Bike Champion
1993 National Champion 100km Team Time Trial Champion
8 time Alberta & BC Provincial Champion in Road, Criterium, Time Trial, XC MTB
Certified Canadian Athletic Therapist (CAT(C))
Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology – Certified Exercise Physiologist (CSEP-CEP)
Bachelor of Athletic and Exercise Therapy (BAET)
Certified First Responder
And proudly supported by Westshore Bikes, and Norco Bicycles.