This is an excellent camp for riders who already have some off road riding experience and want to take their skills to new heights!
Age: This camp is for Intermediate youth riders aged 9-13
What will your child learn at our School of Dirt Summer Mountain Bike Camp?
First and foremost, we ensure that at our camps, SAFETY is PRIORITY NUMBER ONE! …This is closely followed by FUN!!!
In this five day camp, your child will learn fundamental mountain biking skills that will prepare them to ride intermediate and advanced terrain. We teach these skills and reinforce them through fun games, obstacle courses, challenging drills and trail riding at Bear Mountain Bike Park.
- Body position: Neutral and Attack Positions and Mobility though their range of motion on the bike
- Operation of Controls
- Braking – Independent use of front and rear brakes, stopping safely on a variety of trail surfaces
- Shifting – Gear selection and how to choose the proper gear for riding conditions
- Terrain Awareness – Safely choosing different lines through trails with varying terrain
- Skills and maneuvers
- Cornering – tight turns and high speed corners
- Climbing steep hills and switchbacks
- Descending on a variety of terrain
- Riding skinny logs and bridges
- Front and rear wheel lifts
- Bunny hops
- Roll downs and small drops
- Small jumps
- Full day (9am-3pm) for 5 days: $425
Please contact us if you have any questions about this or any other Kids Mountain Bike Programs.